Log in

No account? Create an account
02 February 2017 @ 01:12 pm
Bolivia in May is cancelled and I'm slightly disappointed because I was ready for it but with the travel situation going on Diego is scared to run in to issues since he has not applied to be a citizen yet he only has his green card. I won't fight it, because I agree he should probably just play it safe and get his citizenship already. So we may go later in the year or who knows when. Otherwise he offered to go on a cruise during that time but he doesn't really want to spend the money since it's 300 + pre-paid tips + the alcohol package = more than 500 for each of us for 3 days... I don't know if I can convince him to go or if I should just not push it and save our money instead. It's just the last cruise I went on with the fam was fun as hell and I wish he was on it with me so I do want to go ONE DAY. I just dont know if its the right time since he needs to get a car and I need to just make my fiances in the positive mark.. lol I think I will settle for a 2-3 day getaway with hotel and beach time included so maybe key west or something of the sort... ft Myers beach house rental with another couple?? sounds good to meeee.

I did my taxes on my own this year on turbo tax, instead of paying someone $40-80... I got 2,101 approved and last year it was 2.6k so it is $500 less thanks to something to do with my healthcare section. But I'm fine with it, I was just aiming for more than 2k so it's good enough for me. Plus last time I had to wait an hour or more for the accountant and it was kinda more of a pain that way tbh.

Anyway I ordered my new license online today so I should get it in a week or less. I went more than a week without it so I should be fine waiting more time.

The only positive about not going to Bolivia for a week and some days in May is that I can apply for different jobs then. I was looking a bunch up and worked on my resume so I was almost ready to apply for a higher paying reception-type job but I didn't think they would take it well if I had to take a week off in a few months. So I am delving back into the ones I put aside and will make it my goal to apply to at least 3 starting next week and before the end of February!! Still in season, and looking for benefits similar to this job or better. Looking for at least 13 an hour because only $1 up from here is not worth the move in my opinion, seeing as I have lenient bosses and am friends with Letty, etc. I've been here for more than a year and a half so I am fully comfortable and I'm worried to change that state to go to another job where I don't know what to expect when it comes to: leniency on being 5 minutes late, how easy it is to get days off in advance, how flexible they can be with my school days and days/times I'd rather not work. ETC! I've gotta give it a go, though and I cannot be here forever. I've just got to take the leap but I am preparing as much as I can prior to that leap: by for example perfecting my resume and preparing questions I need to ask before accepting a job.

I'm currently drinking tea. Ew. The only tea I can stand that I know of is English Breakfast/British Breakfast. with some sugar, honey and a tiny bit of milk (preferably soy or almond).

I feel so extremly lazy because I need to paint my nails at the very least to feel like... better about my daily apperance but I have not because it will take me more than an hour. I need to do my cuticles and re-shape them since I want the length since... so that's the tedious part. painting is usually a breeze but its the prepwork and the cleanup afterwords that is any kind of challenge. Also, the other thing I have been meaning to do is just spend 1 hour of a day, styling my hair so it can look better for the next 3 days! it's totally worth the "struggle" yet I dont do it because of the laziness. Even just to straighten it would be good... But since I don't need to wait to do keratin for Bolivia trip... I can schedul to do it in the next few weeks and that will help the look a lot. So now my goal is to dye my hair in some way, either simply re-bleach the lower part or all over medium brown :o then schudel with xiomara to cut and straighten :D